Resources for PTs, PTAs, and others to increase awareness of the benefits of physical therapy.
Use the following resources to raise awareness about the benefits of physical therapy and physical therapists' role as movement experts.
The American Physical Therapy Association runs national public relations campaigns supported with online ads, targeted print ads, and billboards to promote ChoosePT.com.
If you would like to place a ChoosePT ad, contact APTA's public relations department.
Upon request, APTA will adjust ChoosePT graphics to meet advertising specifications, provided that your advertising promotes ChoosePT.com.
APTA's Patient Action Center is updated throughout the year as legislation is introduced in Congress that affects consumers' access to treatment by a physical therapist.
ChoosePT Web Ad With Call to Action
Send consumers directly to ChoosePT.com from your academy, section, chapter, or practice website so they can learn more about physical therapy and search for an APTA member physical therapist near them. Download this web graphic and post it to your website with a link to https://www.choosept.com:
To request this graphic or a similar banner ad in a specific size for your chapter, academy, or practice website, email email@example.com.
National Physical Therapy Month ChoosePT Graphics
Two graphics are available for use in your marketing and communication to help promote National Physical Therapy Month:
Please note: We do not provide the ChoosePT logo for inclusion on materials created by other organizations.
Social Media Graphics
A variety of downloadable social media graphics like the example below are available for use on social media to promote the benefits of physical therapy throughout the year. (For print-quality graphics, see the advertisements section.)
Click on the sample graphic below to access the full collection of available social media graphics.
Download the following 1-page flyers to distribute at community events or in your clinic.
- Handout: Assess Your Physical Fitness (.pdf)
- Handout: Physical Therapists Help You Overcome Barriers to Physical Activity (.pdf)
- Handout: Reduce Your Risk of Falling (.pdf)
- Handout: Who Are PTs, Benefits of Physical Therapy, and How to Manage Pain (.pdf)
- Handout: Physical Therapy: A Safe Alternative to Opioids for Pain Management (.pdf)
- Handout: Managing Pain: Questions To Ask Your Health Care Provider (.pdf)
- Handout: Pain Profile (.pdf)
- Handout: What Is Post-Intensive Care Syndrome? (.pdf) | Spanish (.pdf)
- Provider Handout: The Opioid Epidemic: What PTs and PTAs Need To Know (.pdf)
Postcards and Signs
Bring any of these files to a professional print store (FedEx Office, Staples, Vista Print, etc.) to produce these two-sided 5x7 postcards or 11x17 signs.
- 5x7 Postcard: Benefits of Physical Activity (.pdf)
- 5x7 Postcard: Choose More Movement | Spanish (.pdf)
- 5x7 Postcard: Safe Pain Management (.pdf)
- 11x17 Sign: Choose Physical Therapy (.pdf)
- 11x17 Sign: Fewer Opioids. More Movement. Better Health (.pdf)
Access the full suite of resources available to promote the benefits of physical therapy in the ChoosePT Toolkit brand center.
Merchandise Promoting ChoosePT
APTA has established an online storefront where you can purchase ChoosePT t-shirts and other products for use during community events or anytime.
Public Service Announcements
APTA produces public service announcements. View our latest PSA, and download it to share on your website, with the media, or display it at local health fairs.
Social Media Handles
#ChoosePT is the official hashtag.
Contact APTA's public relations department with questions.