Most Americans do not move enough. The good news is that regular physical activity is one of the easiest ways to reduce your risk for chronic disease and to improve your quality of life.
Make physical activity a priority to:
- Improve your memory and brain function (all age groups).
- Protect against many chronic diseases.
- Aid in weight management.
- Lower blood pressure and improve heart health.
- Improve your quality of sleep.
- Reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Combat cancer-related fatigue.
- Improve joint pain and stiffness.
- Maintain muscle strength and balance.
- Increase life span.
Physical therapists are movement experts who improve quality of life through hands-on care, patient education, and prescribed movement. Physical therapists treat people of all ages and abilities and empower you to take an active part in your care. After an evaluation, your physical therapist will create a treatment plan for your specific needs and goals.
Choose more movement. Choose better health. Choose physical therapy.
You can contact a physical therapist directly for an evaluation. To locate a physical therapist in your area, visit Find a PT.